The trip was Stockholm to London and onto New York. It was about 20 hours from waking up to arriving or my hotel.
Upon arriving it was a quick walk up to Times Square which was totally packed and totally crazy!
After a very long sleep it was up and at me for a big day. First it was breakfast. I went for a walk to find a good diner when I came across a Bourke Street Bakery. So I had to grab a coffee and croissant.
After breakfast it was over to a funky kind of church over in Greenpoint. One of the ministers is a chaplain with FDNY. We then went on a tour of some fire stations, getting Italian ice and eventually to the scattering of ashes of a recently deceased firefighter. Needles to say it was an interesting day.
It was then a New York drive to have a really nice dinner with a moral injury academic and clinician at one of New York’s most iconic restaurant “Tavern on the green” . Really good Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment