Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Day 28 and 29: preparing for re-entry

As we wind up this merry tale, we are preparing ourselves for our lives back home. Re-entry!

Preparation includes our final runs and time by the beach enjoying freddo cappuccinos.



As to be expected, we have both started writing lists and planning for the next 6 months.We have lists for jobs to do at home, lists for work and things we need to organise. It has been nice to be still for a few days but our minds have started turning over.

Mark is planning all the new books and articles he would like to write and I am planning all the jobs I would like Mark to do at home. But that is not just me, the kids are also planning all the bike rides they want to do with Mark when he returns. It seems he has been greatly missed at home- mostly for his ice making skills and taking out the recycling. I think they miss my cooking- with all the prepared meals eaten and one child living off chicken snitzels and 2 minute noodles. 

I am also writing lists of foods I want to cook/improve my cooking of from this holiday which include:
- creamy porridge
- salads with cheese, nuts, fruit etc 
- freddo cappuccinos 
- macaroni and cheese pie
- anything Ottolenghi 
- leek and ravioli gratin 
- salmon pasta







No comments:

Post a Comment