Sunday, July 5, 2026

Day 5: Two paths begin

Sally
So my body clock is still waking me up early to exercise! I found a runners map for Winchester and attempted to follow it- getting lost many times but I found the main stops and ended up on the beautiful Catherine Hill. Just me, hares and a few deer.


Sad to leave this beautiful hotel with stunning wallpaper and blinds. Good find Mark!
Off for breakie before we part ways. Supposedly these mega things are pancakes.



Farewell MDL till Nice ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท
And Hello EJW. ๐Ÿ‘ฏ‍♀️

Supposedly we were on first class train trip from Winchester to Carlisle. But for some reason they let the riff raff on the train and it was so crowded we could not go to the ๐Ÿšฝ or even be served food. Luckily EJW had prepackaged (thanks to her buffet breakfast) and we were the envy of the train trip. We made a few Scottish friends and I think entertained our whole carriage before getting off at Wolverine station for a transfer.
Our next leg of the ๐Ÿšƒ trip was way more civilised - Gin #8 Forest Gin. Though I suspect the sisterly competition has started when EJW thought I had a lime in my G&T and she didn’t!




Last stop before Carlisle is Penrith 



No comments:

Post a Comment